Course etiquette at Gailes Links
Course etiquette is integral to the spirit of golf, which demands courtesy, good sportsmanship, consideration for others and respect for the golf course at all times. Members and visitors are asked to take pride in their adherence to this spirit.
Please take pride in the golf course
Fill all divots
- Fairways, tees, first cut of rough.
- Fill with sand and smooth level.
Rake bunkers thoroughly
- Enter and exit at lowest point.
- Leave rake in middle, along direction of play. Knock sand from shoes.
Repair your pitch mark
- Fold all sides into centre, tap down.
Buggies and motorised carts
- Obey course signage.
- Do not drive carts on greens or fescue surrounds, or between greens and bunkers.
- No buggies across greens.